Wisconsin is recognized as one of the premier deer hunting states in the nation as Wisconsin is home to a thriving deer herd and Jackson County has earned the title "Deer Capital of Wisconsin" for it's large deer population and harvest over the years.
- Sept. 12, 2015 - Jan. 3, 2016
- Traditional 9-day - Nov. 21 - Nov. 29
- Statewide Antlerless Hunt - Dec. 10 - Dec. 13
- Muzzleloader - Nov. 30 - Dec. 9
- Youth Deer Hunt: 10-15 years old Oct. 10 and 11 statewide either-sex (see regulations for details)
- Disabled Gun Hunt Oct. 3 – 11 statewide (Only for qualified hunters with disabled hunting permits on sponsored disabled gun deer hunt properties)