Due to weather, all trails are closed
If you have any questions please call us at 715-284-8475!
The Jackson County Forestry & Parks Committee approved today to open UTV'S TO OUR WINTER RIDING SEASON! You will now be able to ride your UTV from December 15-March 15. In the past this was only open to ATV riders.
This is exciting news for our ORV riders, please help spread the word!
For more information please call the office at 715-284-8475.
The ATV trail system is open from May 15 to October 15 and December 15 to March 15. It may shut down at any time due to conditions.
Jackson County has some of the most popular ATV trails in the Midwest. Over 100 miles of trails wind through the scenic Black River State Forest and Jackson County Forest. All trails are clearly marked. No "off-trail" riding is permitted in Jackson County.
Parking lots for trail access are located at the following areas
- Highway 12, West of Millston.
- Junction of County O and North Settlement Road, East of Millston.
- Highway 54, East of Black River Falls,WI.
- West Clay School Road, near East Arbutus.
- Ott Trail Parking Lot, Airport Road, East of Black River Falls,WI
- Crawford Hills and East Arbutus Campground.
ATV Registration Information
Wisconsin Law requires that all non-resident (out of state) ATV's purchase a non-resident trail pass. These passes are available at any location that advertises the sale of hunting/fishing licenses.Wisconsin registration information may be obtained by contacting Castle Mound State Park at (715) 284-4103 Memorial Day through Labor Day (7 days/week), or the Black River Service Center at (715) 284-1400.(Tuesday -Friday 8:15AM to 1:00PM and from 2:00PM to 4:00PM) Be sure to have a bill of sale or previous registration card with you. Both of these stations are authorized for immediate validation of registration.
Jackson County ATV Map (Adobe PDF 1.42Mb)
- All motorcycles using the trail system must have a Jackson County sticker and be licensed.
- Over 8 miles of single track motorcycle trails. (Off road motorcycles can only operate on the single track trails.)
- All ATV trails are marked with orange posts and blazes.
- All ATVs must have a state registration sticker, not a Jackson County motorcycle sticker.
- Warning: Motorcycles and ATVs are prohibited in areas posted with the symbol x. Violations will result in the issuance of citations.
- When operating near a dwelling or residential area, or passing a pedestrian or horseback rider, the speed limit shall not exceed 10 MPH
- Accidents: Report to Jackson County Sheriff's Office @ (715) 284-5357